Our team of qualified roofers have put together our Top 5 tips to prepare your home for storm season. Here’s how to proactively get your roofing and guttering system ready for Brisbane’s storm season.
Inspect Your Roof
- Examine your roof for any missing or damaged roof screws or broken tiles. Replace or repair them as necessary to prevent leaks.
- Check for loose flashing around roof penetrations, like chimneys and vents. Ensure they are securely in place.
- Inspect the gutters on your roof for any debris or blockages. Clean them to ensure proper drainage.
Conduct Gutter Maintenance
- Clean your gutters and downpipes to remove leaves, dirt, and debris that could obstruct water flow during heavy rains.
- Make sure gutters are securely attached to your home, and repair any loose sections.
- Consider installing gutter guards to prevent debris buildup.
Trim Trees and Branches
- Trim tree branches that hang over your roof to minimize the risk of falling limbs during storms.
- Remove dead or weak trees that could potentially damage your roof or property in high winds.
Seal Roof Penetrations
- Check for any gaps or cracks around roof penetrations, such as vents, chimneys, and skylights. Seal them with appropriate roofing materials.
- Check the ceiling for signs of leaks, water stains (tea stain like appearance), or moisture damage.
Review Your Insurance
- Lastly don’t forget to review your home insurance coverage, to ensure you have adequate coverage for storm-related damage. Most insurances will require you to maintain your roof and have regular roofing checks by a Qualified Roofer, so book one in with us today!
If you want to fast track getting ready for storm season, contact Gutter And Roof Repairs for a Professional Roof and Gutter Inspection and we can thorough inspection your roofing and guttering system, and carry out any necessary repairs before the Brisbane storm season arrives.
This maintenance can help protect your home from storm damage and minimise the potential for costly repairs. It’s essential to take these steps well in advance of storm season to ensure your home is in good condition and ready to withstand adverse weather conditions.